1. Instructions. As Brentwood Antique Auctions are auctioneers all goods delivered to Brentwood Antique Auctions premises will be deemed to be delivered for sale by auction unless otherwise stated in writing and will be catalogued and sold at Brentwood Antique Auctions without reserve unless written instructions are given prior to the sale and accepted by Brentwood Antique Auctions subject to all the Sale Conditions. By delivering the goods to Brentwood Antique Auctions for inclusion in their auction sales each seller acknowledges that he or she has accepted and agreed to be bound by all these conditions.
2. Collections. Brentwood Antique Auctions disclaim all responsibility for loss or damage to goods or for unauthorised removal of goods and for damage to premises caused by the contractor. Unless instructions are received to the contrary the charge for these services will be deducted from the proceeds of sale.
3. Loss or Damage. Brentwood Antique Auctions disclaim all responsibility for loss or damage to goods or for unauthorised removal of goods unless caused by the direct negligence of their employees.
4. Storage. Brentwood Antique Auctions reserve the right to store or arrange for the storage of goods delivered to them for sale either on their own premises or elsewhere at their sole discretion. They exempt themselves from any liability for loss or damage to goods delivered to their salerooms without sufficient sale instructions and reserve the right to make a storage charge for such goods (unless the loss or damage is caused by the negligence of their employees).
5. Right to Sell. Sellers will be charged for goods left on the premises if the seller has been requested to remove them, and if the goods are not removed within twenty-one days of such request Brentwood Antique Auctions reserve the right to sell the goods to defray costs and storage charges.
(a) All goods on Brentwood Antique Auctions premises and in their custody will be held insured against the risks of fire, burglary and water damage for which insurance Brentwood Antique Auctions will charge a premium of 3% the value of the goods so covered shall be the gross amount realised, or in the case of unsold lots the best bid, or in the case of loss prior to sale, the reserve price. When no reserve has been fixed, at that price which the staff of Brentwood Antique Auctions shall at their absolute discretion estimate to be the auction value of such goods.
(b) Brentwood Antique Auctions shall not be responsible for damage to or the loss, theft or destruction of any goods not so insured upon the owner’s written instrucions.
(c) Brentwood Antique Auctions shall not be responsible for accidental breakage, loss or damage howsoever caused unless directly caused by negligence of their
7. Payments for goods sold will be 28 days after the sale and when all the items submitted have been sold.